White Feather
If you plan on posting, Register. It helps the community grow. And the larger the community grows, the better the community and the forum itself gets.
White Feather
If you plan on posting, Register. It helps the community grow. And the larger the community grows, the better the community and the forum itself gets.
White Feather
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the White Feather Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Keywords
Latest topics
» Sadly, An End for now.
List of Recommended Graphic Novels. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 7:22 pm by Mono The Elderish

» Team Interrobang.
List of Recommended Graphic Novels. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:30 pm by Mono The Elderish

» Do things. Or Batman will find you.
List of Recommended Graphic Novels. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 5:32 pm by Miss.Owl

» Podcast 3) 4/25/2012
List of Recommended Graphic Novels. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:39 pm by Mono The Elderish

» Graphic novel discussion list.
List of Recommended Graphic Novels. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:31 pm by Mono The Elderish

» CELLLLLLLLLLLLLT!
List of Recommended Graphic Novels. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:15 pm by CelticaNoir

» The Fire Thread
List of Recommended Graphic Novels. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:58 am by iEuphoria

» WF Arma platoon
List of Recommended Graphic Novels. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:27 pm by Mono The Elderish

» Team Interrobang [!?]
List of Recommended Graphic Novels. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:36 pm by Mono The Elderish

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

free forum

free forum

Similar topics

List of Recommended Graphic Novels.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mono The Elderish
Admin
Admin
Mono The Elderish

List of Recommended Graphic Novels. Empty
PostSubject: List of Recommended Graphic Novels.   List of Recommended Graphic Novels. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Same deal as the Movie list. Add onto the bottom.

List of Recommended Graphic Novels. DMZ_1
DMZ - A second american civil war breaks out in Manhattan. (Brian K. Vaughn)

List of Recommended Graphic Novels. Y_the_last_man_comic_issue_23_cover_art2
Y: The Last Man - Every male of every species dies out in a single night. (Brian K. Vaughn)

List of Recommended Graphic Novels. Runawa10

A group of teens discover that their parents are all evil super villains. (Brian K. Vaughn)

List of Recommended Graphic Novels. Shrapnel1cov

A war Between two nations in a decimated futuristic world. (Sagan Humoto)

List of Recommended Graphic Novels. 54577-9374-75610-1-red-star-the_super

I can't spoil this one. Safe to say, Wonderful Mix of Soviet Tech, and Magic.

List of Recommended Graphic Novels. 19543814_1

Post Apocalyptic. Not as dumb as it looks.

List of Recommended Graphic Novels. Scalped_1

Modern Indian crime novel. One of the great ones.

List of Recommended Graphic Novels. Transmetropolitan

Follows a journalist in the future. And his return to a City he can't understand.

Last edited by Mono The Elderish on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://whitefeather.forumotion.com
LowKey_Lyesmith
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

List of Recommended Graphic Novels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Recommended Graphic Novels.   List of Recommended Graphic Novels. I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 1:42 am

List of Recommended Graphic Novels. 90420-18166-106379-1-walking-dead_large

The Walking Dead. Post apocalyptic zombie story. Unlike other stories, it focuses not on "the fantasy of the apocalypse, but on the reality." That is, ammo is a precious resource and gun shots are loud, attracting swarms. The scary things/things that make you think have little to nothing to do with the zombies, but rather, the people.

List of Recommended Graphic Novels. Sandman-comic-9-2-10-1

Sandman. The literature of comic books. Of the Seven "Endless," the series focuses the most on Dream, aka Morpheus, aka The Sandman. Riddled with ancient references to mythologies, cults, stories, literature, and ideas new and old, the comics have something for everyone, and they only get more interesting each time you read them.

List of Recommended Graphic Novels. Watchmen-749826

The Watchmen. A cult classic, and for good reason. A superhero story for readers who hate superheroes, a story for those who love stories. The characters and plot lines are complex, the references and foreshadowing subtle. Again, it's another story that only gets more interesting with each read as you mick up on more and more hints and clues.

List of Recommended Graphic Novels. The_Unwritten_1

Unwritten. The comic books for writers. Tommy grew up the inspiration for his dad's stories. His dad became world famous for his stories centering around Tommy as the main character, making Tommy world famous as well. One day, his father vanished. Not even Tommy knew where he was. Years later, his dad returns... along with all of the characters from his books, heroes and villains alike, and all of which think Tommy is the Tommy from their books. As fantasy and reality bleed together, it's up to Tommy to figure out what is going on and how to fix everything before it's too late.

List of Recommended Graphic Novels. Neil_gaiman_neverwhere

Neverwhere. Richard Mayhew, a Scot living in London, encounters an injured girl named Door on the street one night. Despite his fiancée's protests he decides to help her, but that unfortunately also means that he suddenly ceases to exist for regular people and becomes real only to the denizens of 'London Below', whose inhabitants are generally invisible and non-existent to the people of 'London Above'. He loses his house, his job and nearly his mind as he travels London Below in an attempt to make sense out of it all, find a way back, and help Door survive as she is hunted down by hired assassins.

In London Below the various familiar names of London all take on a new significance: for example Knightsbridge becomes "Night's Bridge", a stone bridge whose darkness takes its toll in human life; The Angel, Islington is an actual angel. London Below is a parallel world in and beneath the sewers. Its inhabitants are the homeless, but also people from other times, such as Roman legionaries and medieval monks, as well as fictional and fantastical characters.

-----------------------------------

I just packed most of my comics away XD These are my favorites that I could think of off the top of my head that you haven't yet mentioned up above. If you've ready The Dark Tower novels, I'd definitely recommend the comics. If you haven't, then read the novels first. Morning Glories is another good one. ^^
Back to top Go down

List of Recommended Graphic Novels.
Page 1 of 1